Wednesday, November 09, 2005

San Francisco becomes "city # 3"


In a bold move by the city of San Francisco, voters went to the polls to vote on 2 key issues:

1. Ban handguns in the city; including concealed handguns, even handguns kept inside homes.
2. Ban military recruiters from public schools throughout the city; dubbed: "college not combat"

Both issues on the ballot passed without question, making San Francisco the 3rd city in the US to ban handguns within city limits, only the cities of Washington and Chicago have done this. The new ban requires that all city residents surrender thier guns by April of 2006. Of course the NRA has some choice words for the new law but then again who would be afraid to speak out with a military assortment of weapons such as this paranoid group of Republicans? The ban on military recruiters is also a great move, I remember when I was in highschool my senior year, I couldnt even walk to the vending machine without having to get around the ROTC table first, that alone was annoying as hell, but to hear these guys attempt to cram thier promises of paid college and 20 year retirement down my throat and the throats of others was far more bullshit than I had bargained for after already having been in school all day long. Dont get me wrong, I respect all the soldiers in the military for thier courage and dedication because nothing is gauranteed, but when you try to force your views on me to simply meet a week end quota for the government, thats not going to work. So if it isnt clear to you yet, I completly support the banning of recruiters in schools. I was far more focused on graduating than I was enlisting in a military thats being run by a president I didnt even vote for. Too bad JFK or Carter, even Clinton isnt our Commander in Chief, those are the guys id have enlisted under. Why can't I live in a blue state? ~ds~
PETA2.com